The main purpose of the FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Group is to create a fun, welcoming page for people of different fandoms to come together. The community’s purpose is to support and build-up members through geeky conversations!
Zero Harassment Guidelines
FanX’s Universal Harassment Policy applies to this page, as well as all of our pages and events.
There will be a zero tolerance for harassment of any kind; harassment includes written comments or displayed images or any course of conduct, related to gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, body size, race or religion which annoys, threatens, intimidates, bullies, alarms, or puts a person in fear of their safety.
The admins of the group have the right to delete any comment that violates anything stated above.
Reporting Harassment Violations
If a member of the group feels like someone has violated the guidelines, the following steps may be taken:
- Report the comment.
- FanX will not divulge the name of the person who reported the post or comment to anyone but the other admin.
- Email FanX Support to report the harassment. In the email include the screenshot of the reported post or comment, and the date it occurred.
Consequences for Harassment Violations
Anyone who violates the guidelines will be muted for 24 hours. If there is a second offense, the offender will be blocked from the group*.
If you feel that you have been unfairly muted or blocked or would like another chance to obey the Facebook Policy Guidelines, you can email our Customer Service Team here: FanX Support.
*The admins have the right to block a member on their first offense depending on the severity of the situation.
Rules for Posting
- Debates and discussions are a part of life and can be informative, but they should be done in a professional and respectful manner that does not violate the Zero Harassment Guidelines.
- This page is not a place to shop for customers or to share fundraisers. Any posts that are selling or advertising any products will be removed. Fundraisers may only be posted with permission of an admin. If you wish to sell a product, you can join our Facebook group Buy and Sell!
- Spoilers must have an alert at the top of the post and formatted to where the spoiler does not show until a member expands the post. Wait to post spoiler images in the group for one week after the release date. Depending on the TV show or movie, FanX may ask you to stay spoiler-free for longer. Any post that doesn’t meet the spoiler guidelines will be removed.
- Multiple posts of the same content can be deleted by admins. This is not necessarily because they are breaking the guidelines, but our goal is to keep everyone’s feed filled with different geeky content.
- We ask that you do not post about politics, religion, racism, and sexual content. Intentionally belittling or bullying of another group member, even in a joking manner, will not be tolerated. Please keep the content of this group relevant, positive, and family-friendly.
- No sharing nametest or quiz type data mining sites. This websites are deceptive on intent, personally intrusive and designed to build personality and personal data profiles on the user and are not allowed in this group.
- We reserve the right to remove a post or person from this group at anytime for any reason without notifying them.
If you have questions, contact our customer service team here: FanX Support.