FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ 2019
GUIDE TO PHOTO OPS
What is a Photo Op? It is a professional portrait taken with an individual star or a group of actors from your favorite TV show or movie. Each Photo Op includes a glossy 8″ x 10″ print and the option to purchase a digital copy.
What do I need to get a Photo Op?
First, you need valid admission for the day of your Photo Op session. Second, you’ll need to pre-purchase a Photo Op on our website (coming soon) or purchase a Photo Op session at the Epic Photo Ops area on the Vendor Hall floor during the event.
How do I know when my Photo Op is?
2. If possible, change the time of your Photo Op
6. Contact Epic Photo Ops Support
Learn how the Photo Op process works, below:
- You are allowed up to four attendees per Photo Op Session. No exceptions.
- If you wish to have more than 4 people in your session, you must purchase an additional Photo Op prior to your session (up to a total of 8 people for 2 photo ops). Otherwise, those additional people will be turned away at Photo Op Check-In. Babies under one year do not count.
- Closer to the event, you will receive an email from Epic Photo Ops with your specific group time. This time may differ from the Photo Op schedule on our website. Don’t panic! Arrive 15 minutes before your Photo Op time — no earlier, no later. Arriving on time will help keep the Photo Op Area clear of unnecessary congestion. (If you don’t receive an email from Epic Photo Ops, you may stop by the Epic Photo Ops booth in the Photo Op Area to learn your assigned time during the event.)
- Have your QR code for your Photo Op Sessions ready to go. You can either print your QR code, take a screenshot on your phone, or add it to your RFID wristband. This will keep lines moving quickly. QR codes will be verified at the Photo Op Check-In and will be scanned in the Photo Op Staging Area prior to your Photo Op Moment.
- Once you arrive at Photo Op Check-In, volunteers will guide you through the following process:
Photo Op Process
- Step 1: Photo Op Check-In – QR code is verified for correct Photo Op session and number of people in your group. You can also scan your wristband at this time if it is registered.
Step 2: Photo Op Queueing Area – Where attendees will wait for their Photo Op session to begin.
Step 3: Photo Op Staging Area – Your QR Code will be scanned at this time or your wristband if it is registered. You may leave your bags and possessions in this secure area while you have your Photo Op Moment.
Step 4: Photo Op Moment – Step right up! This is your moment with your favorite celebrity. Don’t forget to smile! This usually is a quick process with little time for conversation. Visit the guest at their booth in Celebrity Row for more one-on-one time.
Step 5: After your Photo Op Moment, you will pick up your Print. A digital download is included with your purchase of a Photo Op. An Epic Photo Ops employee must scan / check your Print and QR code before you leave the Photo Op Area. This is also where you can purchase digital prints and plastic sleeves.
Celebrity Photo Op Vouchers
What is a Photo Op Voucher?
- A Photo Op Voucher is just like a digital gift certificate. They are available in increments of $20, $30, $40, and $50.
- These Vouchers can be upgraded to purchase a Photo Op Session of equal or greater value.
- Vouchers cannot be combined; one Voucher is good towards one Photo Op Session.
- You will need to pay the difference between the cost of the Photo Op Session and the amount of the Voucher. Example: Photo Op Session costs $80, your voucher is for $30, so you will pay $50 plus fees/taxes.
Why should I buy a Photo Op Voucher?
- Attendees with Photo Op Vouchers will get a 15-minute head-start on purchasing a Photo Op Session during a public launch. Learn how to use your Photo Op Voucher.
- Photo Op Vouchers are a great way to save or budget for purchases happening at a later date.
If a guest postpones their appearance, you will easily be able to convert your Photo Op purchase to another Photo Op or voucher, or initiate an automatic refund from your Growtix account.
Celebrity appearances and schedules are all subject to change or cancellation. All Photo Op Sessions are subject to change or cancellation. Make sure to check for updates on this page, on the App, our online schedule, and Facebook event pages regularly. We will post updates on social media as we get them.
Pre-Purchase Digital Copies of your Photo Ops HERE
See samples of Epic's Photo Ops, processes and policies HERE
See EPIC Photo Ops OFFICIAL FAQ HERE
Contact Epic Photo Ops Directly HERE
Read our FanX Guide to Photo Ops HERE
FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Spring 2019 is April 19-20, 2019 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.