FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ 2019
MEDIA RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES
- Press Registration for FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™is coming soon!
- Approved Press are provided with complimentary Press Badges, which are valid for entry to all unticketed events held at FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
- Your Press Badge allows access as long as space is permitting.
- Your Press Badge does not allow early access, special access, or guaranteed seating.
- Your Press Badge does not allow you to cut lines.
- Complimentary Press Badges are extended as a courtesy of FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™. Each is issued individually and is non-transferable. You may not transfer or sell your FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Press Badge, and any individuals conducting such behavior will be disqualified from Press Badges at future FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ events.
- There is a limited supply of press credentials for this event. Credentials are issued on a first come, first serve basis. Once all available credentials are issued there will be NO more press passes available or issued.
- All Press/Media Registrations are subject to approval. You will be notified within the date range based on the date you submitted your registration if you have been approved for a Press Badge. If your registration is NOT approved, you will be notified and asked to submit additional credentials. If you have been approved, additional information regarding the press room and Badge distribution will be provided in your confirmation email.
- We highly recommend that you apply early as there is a chance that we will reach maximum capacity for Press Badges to FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ 2019 prior to the deadline. Once all Press Badges are allocated, no more will be released.
- Inappropriate or offensive behavior will result in the loss of press passes for this show and all shows moving forward.
- Press credentials can be picked up on site near the east entrance of the convention center (enter from West Temple). Press credentials are good for both days of the event. If you are approved for a Press Badge, a separate email will be sent to you with more information on times and days to pick up your credentials.
- There is a press room on site. Media are welcome to use this room for interviews and other media related activities. The pressroom is for credentialed media members only. Please do not allow non-credentialed friends and family into the pressroom. The pressroom has tables, chairs, power outlets to plug in and work from and charge cell phone batteries. Water will also be provided to credentialed media.
- All FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ media interview requests should be made through Jeremy Kartchner. These contacts are not for celebrity interviews at the convention but are primarily for interview requests involving FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ founders Dan Farr and Bryan Brandenburg. PR contacts include:
- Jeremy Kartchner
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell: (801) 703-4092
- Jeremy Kartchner
- During the show, while celebrities are signing autographs, media should ask the celebrities’ handlers for interview opportunities. Some celebrities are open to interviews while they interact with fans, while others are not open to any on-site interviews. It’s on a strictly case-by-case basis. Please let the nearest Celebrity Row FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ volunteer know you would like to request an interview and ask them to point out the appropriate celebrity handler/agent to approach to get permission. If the volunteer has been given a directive by celebrity guest reps and handlers not to allow the press to approach the table, this directive is final. Failure to respect these wishes may lead to loss of press credentials for this convention and possibly future conventions.
- Media will not be allowed in the celebrity green rooms.
- Media will have access to all public rooms.
- Media will be admitted into panels as general admission as long as room capacity allows. There will not be a designated press entrance for panels, so please make your plans accordingly.
- Media can take photos or video during panels on a case by case basis. We ask that you be courteous to attendees while taking video or photos and avoid standing in front of other fans that are in attendance. Individual celebrities and agents have the right to deny photos and video during panels. If a celebrity or agent makes this request a FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ volunteer or staff member will notify you on site. Failure to comply with these requests may result in a loss of press pass.
- The Grand Ballroom will have a mote box that the media can plug into to get audio recordings of the press conference. This mote box will not be available during panels in the Grand Ballroom.
- For other panels in other rooms, the media is welcome to record audio and video.
- Power outlets at FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ 2019 are three-pronged.
- Media is responsible for its own parking during FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Fall 2019 is September 5-7, 2019 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.