FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ 2019
PRESS PASS APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE NOW – Know Before You Apply
Press Passes for FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ are being made available for the following media outlets:
(A) PRINT MEDIA: Print Media includes local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines etc…
(B) TELEVISION & RADIO: TV & Radio include AM, FM, Satellite, Local TV and National TV
(C) INTERNET PRESS: Passes for Internet press will be issued on a very limited case by case basis. We have a limited amount of press passes for internet only press, making it difficult to grant passes to everyone who makes a request. In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria:
- The website you write for must have been active on the web for at least two years.
- Must have original content updated at least weekly.
- Websites deemed offensive or antagonistic towards our fandom, guests or the event will not be approved.
- Proven community involvement/support for FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ or other comic conventions around the U.S.
- Your website must have at least two verifiable social media pages with more than 1,000 followers each. Pages can be on Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Must appear on at least page two of a Google search for your site.
- Soft measures such as professionalism, quality, and history.
- Internet press is limited to two passes per web outlet, and both pass holders must work for the website in question and have verifiable credits. Please don’t try and pass your friend off as a photographer for the site, it won’t work and you will be banned from ever being considered for press credentials in the future.
NOTE: If you are not approved for “free” press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way. As well, having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ is not responsible for setting up interviews with any celebrity guest, authors, artists, or anyone other special guests attending this event.
We value our featured guests and strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for them. We expect all those who receive press passes to also maintain this environment. If press pass holders fail to live up to this standard, FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ reserves the right to revoke press passes for the current event as well as for future events. Please show respect not only for our featured guests but also FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
The number of passes are decided on a case to case basis and is purely the discretion of FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
If you are granted a press pass, we ask (if possible) that you do a piece/share information regarding FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ before the event itself. You will also be added to the mailing list for any related press releases.
NOTE: Your pass is not approved until you receive a confirmation email from FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention. Everyone in attendance must have a pass, so you will be required to purchase one to enter if you are not approved for a press pass.
The deadline to apply for press passes for FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ is TBA.
An email will also be sent in regards to where and when you can pick up your press pass. Please ensure that the email address you provide to us is a working email address. We ask that you also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your preferred addresses so those emails arrive in your inbox instead of your spam folder.
FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ reserves the right to approve or deny any application. This decision is final and cannot be appealed. Include any and all information in your application that will allow the FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Press Office to make an informed decision, as you will not be able to submit further information later on if your application is not approved.
Please also make sure to review the MEDIA RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES
FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Spring 2019 is April 19-20, 2019 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.