2022 FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ Cosplay Policy
This is the Cosplay Policy for 2022 FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™. Thank you for your continued support and contribution to making this the best show ever.
- FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ is a family-friendly convention. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings.
- Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume. “Paint” and/or “pasties” are not a costume, either. The costume should be no smaller than a standard swimsuit. No intentional or unintentional “wardrobe malfunctions” are allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments. Men are encouraged to wear "dance belts" under any tight-fitting "Super Hero" Cosplays.
- If your costume is deemed to be too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change.
- Protective footwear is highly recommended, but not required. No bare feet are allowed.
- All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
- Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols like swastikas, will not be tolerated at FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
- No recreational wheeled items are allowed in the convention center - this includes Rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, tricycles, scooters, skateboards, and hoverboards.
- Stilts are allowed, as long as you are wearing them.
- Please, no signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched. We want everyone to feel comfortable.
- Always ask the Cosplayer prior to taking a picture of them.
- Service Animals are allowed, assuming they are wearing the proper identification and you pick up after them. Emotional Support animals are not allowed at this time.
- There will be a cosplay “first aid” location on-site. Please do not bring items such as hot glue guns, scissors, needles, and thread, etc., as any costuming issues will be able to be resolved by professionals.