2024 FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention Cosplay Policy
This is the Cosplay Policy for the 2024 FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention. Thank you for your continued support and contribution to making this the best show ever.
- FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention is a family-friendly convention. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees, and be aware of your surroundings.
- Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume. “Paint” and/or “pasties” are not a costume, either. The costume should be no smaller than a standard swimsuit. No intentional or unintentional “wardrobe malfunctions” are allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments. Men are encouraged to wear "dance belts" under tight-fitting "Super Hero" Cosplays.
- If your costume is deemed too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change.
- Protective footwear is highly recommended but not required. No bare feet are allowed.
- All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
- Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols like swastikas, will not be tolerated at FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
- No recreational wheeled items are allowed in the convention center - this includes Rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, tricycles, scooters, skateboards, and hoverboards.
- Stilts are allowed as long as you are wearing them.
- Please, no signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched. We want everyone to feel comfortable.
- Always ask the Cosplayer before taking a picture of them.
- Service Animals are allowed, assuming they are wearing the proper identification and you pick up after them. Emotional Support animals are not allowed at this time.
- There will be a cosplay “first aid” location on-site. Please do not bring items such as hot glue guns, scissors, needles, thread, etc., as any costuming issues will be able to be resolved by professionals.